The Nurse Support Program II (NSP II) provides funding for Cohen Scholars (formerly Hal and Jo Cohen Graduate Nurse Faculty or GNF Schoalrship) to complete graduate degrees (MS, MSN, DNP, PhD, EdD) and core education coursework, including post-master's teaching certificates, necessary to prepare to become a nurse educator, nurse faculty or clinical educator in one of Maryland’s nursing degree programs or healthcare organizations.
Funding will be provided to Maryland higher education institutions for distribution to their selected recipients each academic year. Scholarship recipients have a service obligation to teach. For each academic year, or portion thereof, that funding is received, recipients are expected to work one year as a full-time nurse faculty member/hospital educator/ approved educational role in Maryland.
Using the Cohen-eligibility Filter for Job Posters
To mark a job as eligible to fulfill a Cohen Scholar’s service obligation, it must meet the following criteria:
- Position must be at a Maryland institution with nursing degree programs or as a hospital nurse educator at NSP-participating hospitals
- Position must be an educational role such as Nursing Faculty, Instructor, Adjunct, Educator, Professional Development Specialist, Nurse Residency Coordinator/Specialist etc.
Other positions may be considered eligible for Cohen Scholars if a significant portion of the role is centered on educating students or nurses and requires a Master’s or higher Degree in Nursing. Any position within a nursing program (Simulation Director/Coordinator, Student Retention/Success Coordinator/ATB Coordinator, etc.) may qualify if the Cohen Scholar is considered ready to move into a faculty role as soon as one becomes available.
You can find more information on the NSP II website.
Unsure if your job is eligible for this filter? Please email us at email@example.com.
Current Cohen Scholar? Check out these resources!
Take advantage of these key features of the site!
- Use the Cohen-eligible job filter on the Career Portal
- Place a Cohen Scholar badge on your profile
- Connect with colleagues and potential employers
- Find Professional Development opportunities, including some that can contribute to your needed credits (e.g. FAMI-MD)
Learn more about how to use these resources on the FAQ Cohen Scholars Tab. Information on adding badges, connecting with other users, and following organizations can be found on this Trending Now post.